Optical Transport Networking (OTN) with G.709 Interfaces
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
A comprehensive introduction to the terminology and technology that will comprise tomorrow's Optical Transport Networks.
This course is aimed at personnel associated with the telecommunications industry, who would like a good understanding of the technology involved.
By the end of the course delegates will have sufficient understanding to be able to:
- Understand the demand for OTN bandwidth
- Describe the problems associated with old technologies
- Describe current SDH/DWDM transmission techniques
- Identify the purpose of new technologies
- Describe the functionality of the various transmission mediums available
- Describe the various techniques that can be deployed in the marketplace
- Identify the various types of network that are currently available
- Identify the features and functionality of OTN Systems
- Define the issues involved in equipment and application rollout
Course Topics (22 topics)
- Scope, References Terms and definitions, Abbreviations and Conventions
- Optical transport network interface structure
- Multiplexing/mapping principles and bit rates
- Optical transport module (OTM-n.m, OTM-nr.m, OTM-0.m)
- Physical specification of the ONNI
- Optical channel (OCh)
- Optical channel transport unit
- Optical channel data unit
- Optical channel payload unit
- OTM overhead signal (OOS)
- Overhead description
- Maintenance signals
- Mapping of client signals
- Mapping ODUk signals into the ODTUjk signal
- Forward error correction using 16-byte interleaved RS (255,239) codecs
- ODUk tandem connection monitoring (TCM) overhead
- OPUk Multiplex Overhead
- Amendment 2
- Implementers Guide including replacement terms.
- Differing vendor's equipments and their implementations
- Individual and Group Planning Exercises
Grounding in SDH/SONET or DWDM systems
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.