Optical Transport Networking (OTN) with G.709 Interfaces
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
A comprehensive introduction to the terminology and technology that will comprise tomorrow's Optical Transport Networks.
This course is aimed at personnel associated with the telecommunications industry, who would like a good understanding of the technology involved.
By the end of the course delegates will have sufficient understanding to be able to:
- Understand the demand for OTN bandwidth
- Describe the problems associated with old technologies
- Describe current SDH/DWDM transmission techniques
- Identify the purpose of new technologies
- Describe the functionality of the various transmission mediums available
- Describe the various techniques that can be deployed in the marketplace
- Identify the various types of network that are currently available
- Identify the features and functionality of OTN Systems
- Define the issues involved in equipment and application rollout
Course Topics (22 topics)
- Scope, References Terms and definitions, Abbreviations and Conventions
- Optical transport network interface structure
- Multiplexing/mapping principles and bit rates
- Optical transport module (OTM-n.m, OTM-nr.m, OTM-0.m)
- Physical specification of the ONNI
- Optical channel (OCh)
- Optical channel transport unit
- Optical channel data unit
- Optical channel payload unit
- OTM overhead signal (OOS)
- Overhead description
- Maintenance signals
- Mapping of client signals
- Mapping ODUk signals into the ODTUjk signal
- Forward error correction using 16-byte interleaved RS (255,239) codecs
- ODUk tandem connection monitoring (TCM) overhead
- OPUk Multiplex Overhead
- Amendment 2
- Implementers Guide including replacement terms.
- Differing vendor's equipments and their implementations
- Individual and Group Planning Exercises
Grounding in SDH/SONET or DWDM systems
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Introduction to SONET & SDH
A 2-day training course on Introduction to SONET&SDH; overview of basic concepts of optical networking, to facilitate understanding & communicate with peers and customers in this area.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.