ISEB Certificate in Business Continuity Management
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course closely follows the approaches recommended in the BS 25999-1: A Code of Practice for Business Continuity Management. By the end of the course, delegates will have a detailed understanding of all key components of business continuity management and be able to return to their organisation and make a significant contribution to the business continuity management process.
This is a 'Practitioner' course and leans heavily on discussions and workshop exercises designed to reinforce the concepts being taught and to build the delegates confidence in implementing business continuity management. The course is also designed to encourage debate and the sharing of knowledge and experience between delegates.
The course will enable delegates to explain the need for business continuity management, define the business continuity lifecycle, and conduct business continuity programme management. Delegates will be able to understand their organisation sufficiently to identify mission critical areas and determine a business continuity strategy, including a business continuity response and plans. This course prepares delegates for the ISEB Practitioner Certificate in Business Continuity Management.
The course will primarily benefit those already involved in the areas of business continuity management, including business managers responsible for operational functions.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Explain the need for business continuity management in all organisations
- Define the business continuity lifecycle
- Conduct business continuity programme management
- Understand their organisation sufficiently to identify mission critical impact areas
- Determine their organisation's business continuity strategy
- Establish a business continuity response
- Exercise, maintain and review plans
- Embed business continuity in an organisation
- Define terms and definitions appropriate to business continuity
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to business continuity management (4 topics)
- The need for business continuity management
- The context of business continuity in the organisation
- Review of risk management fundamentals
- The business continuity management lifecycle
Business continuity programme management (2 topics)
- Governance Implementation and reporting
- Involvement of third parties Documentation
Understanding the Organisation (4 topics)
- The identification of mission-critical impacts
- Business impact analysis Horizon scanning
- Continuity requirements Risk assessment
- Evaluation of options Business cases and programme sign-off
Determining the business continuity strategy (6 topics)
- Strategic options
- People, Premises, Processes and procedures
- Technology Information
- Supply chain
- Civil emergencies
Business continuity response (5 topics)
- Overall business continuity response structure
- Types of plans Incident management plans
- Business continuity plans
- Disaster recovery plans
- Business resumption plans
Exercising, maintenance and review (3 topics)
- Exercising and testing of plans
- Maintenance of plans
- Review of plans
Embedding business continuity awareness in the organisation (1 topic)
- Overall awareness Skills training
Management of Risk Certificate [MOR]: Candidates should ideally have 1-2 years experience in business continuity management. ISEB Practitioner Certificate in Information Risk Management [PCIRM]: IT Service Continuity Management Practitioner [ITSCM].