APMG Agile Project Management Foundation - AgilePM®
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This two-day APMG accredited course provides participants with a basic grounding in the DSDM Agile Project Management framework. The courses includes the APMG Agile Project Management Foundation exam.
Presented by skilled lecturers with extensive experience in the practical application of Agile project management, the course includes examination coaching and practice using sample questions.
This course does not cover the Scrum Framework.
Delegates should set aside time to revise for the Foundation exam in the evening after the course lecture finishes. Revision includes studying the course handbook and working through sample exam questions.
- Set up an Agile project
- Identify appropriate people for Agile roles
- Define increments and time boxes to keep a project on track
- Manage a Solution Development Team
- Communicate with business stakeholders in a project environment
- Use Agile techniques, including prioritisation of requirements to ensure on-time project delivery
- Identify risks to delivery of projects managed using the DSDM Agile approach
Delegates must bring signed photo ID to APMG examinations (e.g. passport, driving license, student card) as they will be asked by the invigilator to produce it prior to the exam. Delegates must also be familiar with the APMG Terms and Conditions of Certification which can be found on the APMG International website.
The Foundation examination is taken at 15:00 during the afternoon on Day two and candidates may take 40 minutes to complete it
Full details of the examination can be found on the APMG website.
APMG-International Agile Project Management is a trademark of The APM Group Limited.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (10 topics)
- What is Agile? And why use DSDM?
- Philosophy, Principles, and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- The DSDM Process
- The People - DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices - Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control Throughout the Lifecycle
- Other Practices - Iterative Development, Facilitated Workshops, Modeling and Prototyping
There are no prerequisites for this course although it would be beneficial for delegates to have some practical experience of project work within an Agile environment.
While not required, delegates are encouraged to visit the DSDM Consortium's website and start to become familiar with the framework, at www.dsdm.org.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.