Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
JBoss for Web Developers is a required training for individuals who wish to become Certified JBoss Web Developers (the certification level for the Web Tier track). Students must attend the course to be eligible to take the online certification exam. This is a 3-day training focusing on web tier technologies in the JBoss Enterprise Middleware System (JEMS) product stack.
This course covers details on JBoss Portal, how to create and deploy portlets, integrating portlets with other web tier frameworks such as JavaServer Faces (JSF) and configuring and tuning the Tomcat web container embedded in JBoss Application Server. Familiarity with JSP and Servlet development and related specification is heavily recommended. No previous experience with Portlets or JSF is required.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (14 topics)
- JBoss State of the Union
- JEMS Web Tier Architecture
- Installing and Configuring JBoss Portal
- Portlet Overview
- Portlet Programming Model
- Portlet Interaction with Servlets and JSP
- User and Group Management
- Localization and Security
- Java Server Faces for Application Developers
- Advanced Servlet and JSP
- Tomcat Architecture
- Tomcat Connectors, Containers and Valves.
- JEMS Web Tier Clustering
- The Servlet 2.3/2.4 API
- The JSP 2.0 API
- J2EE application development and deployment on the JBoss Application Server
- Deployment of a Web Application on embedded (stand alone) Tomcat or on integrated Tomcat (JBossWeb