Building Effective ASP.NET 2 Web Applications using Visual Studio 2005
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course will provides you with the necessary skills and techniques to design and write web applications using ASP.NET 2.0, Microsoft's framework for building scalable, robust and secure Web applications.
You will gain in-depth technical knowledge of ASP.NET and its related technologies and obtain practical insights into developing enterprise-scale, data-driven Web applications. This will lead to an appreciation of the "plumbing" that is supplied by ASP.NET and Visual Studio 2005, leading to significant increases in your productivity.
Throughout the course you will be building a fully functional ASP.NET 2.0 web solution, using best practices including writing secure code to protect against potential malicious attacks. Instructions and solutions are provided in both C# 2.0 and Visual Basic 2005, enabling you to work with your choice of language.
The course is presented as a mixture of lectures and hands-on exercises. Practical sessions follow each topic, designed to reinforce the points covered. Additional information is provided in appendices to extend the learning experience after the course has been completed.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (14 topics)
- Create file- and HTTP-based web projects using Visual Studio 2005
- Use validation techniques to ensure input data accuracy
- Use Master Pages and CSS to enforce design principles
- Personalise web applications using profiles, themes and skins
- Create modular user interfaces using web parts and user controls
- Implement menus, wizards and other site navigation mechanisms
- Diagnose problems and implement a coherent error handling architecture
- Create data-driven and data-bound user interfaces using XML and relational data sources
- Understand and manage state across and within page transitions
- Implement authentication, authorisation and role based security using the ASP.NET 2.0 membership system and the login controls
- Extend the pipeline using custom modules and handlers
- Use optimisation and monitoring techniques to improve the application
- Describe and implement AJAX-style functionality to provide a richer UI experience
- Create and use Web Services
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Digital Web Development Fundamentals
This 5-day training course illustrates the technologies and tools available developing an effective website best suited to modern devices