M2800: Microsoft Security Clinic
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Security Training Courses.
Assessing Risks (7 topics)
- Identifying assets to protect.
- Prioritizing assets by value.
- Predicting threats to resources.
- Calculating exposure to threats.
- Creating a risk management plan.
- Creating a maintenance program to assess risks.
- Implementing security measures to mitigate risk.
Planning to Deploy Security Measures (6 topics)
- Identifying challenges to security policies.
- Planning to deploy security measures.
- Determining the scope of security measures.
- Creating a security project team.
- Testing and deploying security measures.
- Maintaining security measures.
Securing Network Perimeters (3 topics)
- Identifying a network perimeter.
- Using tools and technologies to secure network perimeters.
- Assessing intrusion detection software.
Securing Servers and Workstations (5 topics)
- Securing new installations.
- Performing post-installation tasks.
- Using various scanning tools to verify the latest service packs and security updates.
- Using Security Templates.
- Implementing additional security for servers with specific roles.
Managing Service Packs and Security Updates (4 topics)
- Installing service packs and security updates.
- Using Microsoft Windows 2000 Group Policy.
- Using Microsoft Software Update Services (SUS).
- Using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS).
Responding to Security Incidents (6 topics)
- Knowing the common indicators of security incidents.
- Identifying an attack.
- Communicating the attack
- Containing the effects of the attack.
- Implementing preventative measures.
- Documenting the attack.
Attendees should be familiar with Windows 2000 security features, including:
- Security templates
- Group policy
- Account management