Foundations of C# Programming and the .NET Framework
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
In this course, you will be introduced to the .NET framework through an overview of languages, libraries, services, and tools. You’ll then learn the foundations of the C# language. From basics to the newer features such as generics, partial classes, static classes, global namespace qualification, and so forth. are integrated throughout the course.
- Want to gain in-depth knowledge of the core C# language
- Need a fast introduction to the .NET platform architecture
- Would like an overview of how to navigate the .NET Framework class library
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (12 topics)
- Examine core language features such as types, variables, and control constructs
- Use object-oriented features such as class, interface, protection, and inheritance
- Perform error notification and error handling using exceptions
- Use properties to implement the private data/public accessor pattern
- Use namespaces to group related types
- Use delegates and events to implement callbacks
- Override Object class methods such as ToString
- Avoid dll conflicts during deployment
- Use dynamic binding and polymorphism to write generic code (i.e., less code!)
- Distinguish between "implementation inheritance" and "interface inheritance"
- Use ADO.NET to connect to SQL Server and run a simple query
- Build a basic Windows Forms GUI
- Working knowledge of at least one other high–level language.
- Note: The difficulty level is ideal for programmers coming from languages like VB6, Pascal, or C. Individuals with a mainframe or scripting background will find the course very challenging—you should study an introductory programming text before attending. If you have some C++ or Java experience, some material will be familiar, but the course will still be beneficial. Experienced C++ or Java programmers should move directly to Essential .NET.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.