UNIX Audit and Security
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
To provide staff new to UNIX with an extensive insight into all issues connected with security in a UNIX environment. Whilst this course covers many aspects of the UNIX operating environment itself, network security is considered to be a separate issue. Delegates will be able to satisfactorily cope with the day-to-day security administration of a multi-user UNIX site, understand security issues and be able to implement security policies in an enterprise level multi-server environment.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Content (12 topics)
- Unix Basics and Getting Help
- Understanding the UNIX Filesystem
- Useful Commands for Security Administrators
- Security and the different “flavours” of UNIX
- Controlling Access to the System (User and group management, types of access)
- Controlling Access to the root account and other privileged services
- Controlling Access to Files and the Filesystem
- Dangerous Commands (and why they are sometimes needed)
- Security Implications of Backing Up and Securing the System
- Monitoring Security Issues on the System
- Best Practice Procedures