UNIX Audit and Security
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Unix Training Courses.
Course Content (12 topics)
- Unix Basics and Getting Help
- Understanding the UNIX Filesystem
- Useful Commands for Security Administrators
- Security and the different "flavours" of UNIX
- Controlling Access to the System (User and group management, types of access)
- Controlling Access to the root account and other privileged services
- Controlling Access to Files and the Filesystem
- Dangerous Commands (and why they are sometimes needed)
- Security Implications of Backing Up and Securing the System
- Monitoring Security Issues on the System
- Best Practice Procedures
Attendees should be IT literate with a good understanding of similar topics in another operating environment. Ths course assumes no prior knowledge of UNIX.