M2295: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
This course has been retired in favour of the newer v6.0 course.
Installing Internet Information Services 5.0 (5 topics)
- Introduction to Internet Information Services 5.0
- Installing IIS
- Updating IIS
- Using Online Documentation
- At the end of this module, you will be able to install IIS 5.0 and update the installation.
Configuring Web and FTP Sites (6 topics)
- Configuring Properties
- Creating Additional Sites
- Creating Virtual Directories
- Redirecting Requests
- Creating Custom Error Messages
- At the end of this module, you will be able to create and configure IIS 5.0 Web and FTP sites.
Administering Web and FTP Sites (6 topics)
- Managing Content
- Performing Remote Administration
- Managing the Metabase
- Administering Web Sites Using Built-In Scripts
- Restarting Internet Services
- At the end of this module, you will be able to administer Web and FTP sites. Including, Managing Web sites remotely, Backing up and restoring Web sites, and Creating a Web site using built-in scripts and adding content using WebDAV.
Installing and Configuring Web Applications (5 topics)
- Introduction to Web applications
- Creating and Removing Web Applications in IIS
- Configuring Web Applications
- Installing ISAPI Filters
- At the end of this module, you will be able to configure IIS to enable Common Gateway Interface (CGI) and Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI) Web applications. This includes Creating and configuring applications and Installing and using ISAPI applications and filters.
Implementing Security on a Web Server (8 topics)
- Configuring Access Permissions for a Web Server
- Configuring Authentication for a Web Server
- Using Client Certificates
- Securing Web Communications Using SSL
- Using Local Security Policies on a Web Server
- Configuring Security on an FTP Site
- Configuring Auditing for IIS
- At the end of this module, you will be able to implement secure access and communications for a Web site. This includes securing Web resources using permissions and authentication and configuring an encrypted connection using SSL.
Monitoring and Optimising a Web Server (7 topics)
- Optimising a Web Server
- Monitoring and Optimising Memory Usage
- Monitoring and Optimising Processor Activity
- Monitoring and Optimising the Available Network Bandwidth
- Managing Log Files
- Optimising a Web Site
- At the end of this module, you will be able to monitor and optimise Web server performance. This includes monitoring log files and monitoring performance on an IIS server.
Configuring IIS to Provide E-Mail Support (6 topics)
- Introduction to the SMTP Service
- Configuring Support for the SMTP Service
- Controlling E-Mail Messages
- Configuring Security for the SMTP Service
- Managing the SMTP Service
- At the end of this module, you will be able to configure IIS to provide e-mail support.
Managing FrontPage-Extended Webs (7 topics)
- Introduction to FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions
- Creating FrontPage-Extended Webs
- Managing Access to FrontPage-Extended Webs
- Administering FrontPage-Extended Webs
- Managing Authoring of FrontPage-Extended Webs
- Optimising the Performance of FrontPage-Extended Webs
- At the end of this module, you will be able to create and manage FrontPage-extended webs. This includes creating and managing access to a FrontPage-extended web and managing authoring of FrontPage-extended webs.
Implementing IIS 5.0 (5 topics)
- Identifying Potential Risks from the Internet
- Implementing IIS as an Internet Web Server
- Implementing IIS as an Intranet Web Server
- Implementing IIS as an Extranet Web Server
- At the end of this module, you will be able to explain implementation guidelines based on the specific role of the IIS Web server.
Before attending this course, students must have completed Course 2153, Implementing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure, or have equivalent knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, certificate services, and tasks that are performed in Microsoft Windows® 2000 Server.