Building J2EE Web Applications
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Java 2, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) is a powerful platform for building web applications. The J2EE platform offers all the advantages of developing in Java plus a comprehensive suite of server-side technologies. This course tells you what you need to know to design and build your own web applications. You'll learn the details of the key J2EE technologies and how to leverage the strengths of each, with special focus on Servlets and JSPs. At the same time, you'll be learning about the big picture of J2EE and how to design web applications that are robust, efficient, secure, and maintainable. If you want to deliver an application on the web, you'll find this course essential.
The course begins with a discussion of web application architecture. A major part of the course is spent on Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP). It then covers interacting databases using JDBC, Java’s database access technology. The course includes an introduction to Enterprise JavaBean technology and addresses the newest J2EE web component - Web Services. The course concludes with an examination of J2EE and web application security providing students with an understanding of the importance of defensive coding practices. Throughout the course, students will create code for an online store. Students will learn not only specific topics and APIs but also how to fit the pieces together into a complete application.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Design and build robust, secure, and maintainable web applications.
- Access databases with JDBC.
- Create dynamic HTML content with Servlets and Java Server Pages.
- Make Servlets and JSP work together cleanly.
- Use JSP 2.0, EL, and JSTL to separate Java and HTML code.
- Expose web components as web services.
- Recognise web security vulnerabilities and implementing effective defenses.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
J2EE Application Architecture (2 topics)
- Technical Overview of J2EE
- J2EE Application Architectures (Web based)
Web Applications (2 topics)
- Understanding Web Applications
- Configuring Web Applications
Writing HTTP Servlets (6 topics)
- Introduction to Servlets
- Processing Input Data
- Server-side Control
- Client-side Control
- Maintaining Client State - Sessions
- Application and Session Events
Filters (2 topics)
- Overview of Filters
- Filtering the Request and Response
Writing JSP Pages (3 topics)
- Introduction to JSP
- Implicit Objects
- Actions, JavaBeans, and Custom Tags
JSP 2.0 (3 topics)
- The Expression Language
- Simple Tag Handlers
JSTL 1.1 · Lesson: JSTL Introduction and Core Library (3 topics)
- JSTL Format Library
- JSTL SQL Library
- JSTL XML Library
Database Integration: JDBC and J2EE (3 topics)
- JDBC and Position in J2EE
- Java JDBC Data Access API
- The DAO Pattern
Additional J2EE Components (2 topics)
- Working with EJBs
- Web Services in J2EE - WSEE
J2EE and Web Application Security (3 topics)
- J2EE Security
- Web Application Security Overview
- Handling Untrusted Data
Additional J2EE Topics (3 topics)
- Other J2EE APIs
- The J2EE Blueprints
Attendance on a Java Programming course or an equivalent level of experience is required.