Introduction to Firewalls
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course will enable you to understand the workings of firewall technology, from a security or audit standpoint. The IT technical components will be explained to you, so you will understand how the various elements work together.
This course is suitable for anyone who needs to know and understand the workings of firewall technology, from a security or audit standpoint, should attend this course. If you come from one of these business areas, you would find the course very useful:
- IT systems implementer wishing to protect vulnerable systems.
- IT manager wishing to understand why the purchase of firewalling is necessary and what is involved.
- Senior user or system owner wishing to understand ways of mitigating risk.
- Network analyst looking to understand options for firewall protection.
- Computer auditors and computer audit planners.
- Computer security specialists.
- Business risk analysts.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction (3 topics)
- What are we protecting ourselves against?
- Which persons are the threat?
- What do we have that anyone would wish to violate?
Communications Protocols Used on the Internet (6 topics)
- TCP/IP mechanism
- Ports and services
- Network services
- Intruder techniques
- Port scanning and detection
- TCP/IP based threats
Harvesting Information (3 topics)
- What intruders are looking for
- Tools of the trade
- Attack signatures
Introducing Encryption (3 topics)
- Business objectives
- Types of encryption
- Virtual private networks
Traffic Control (2 topics)
- Application level filtering and proxy services
System Security Checks (1 topic)
- Top 20 IT-based vulnerabilities