Implementing an IBM Lotus Sametime 8 Infrastructure
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This course for Lotus Domino or Sametime administrators who want to deploy a Lotus Sametime server in an existing Lotus Domino environment. Students will manage the deployment of Lotus Sametime within the fictitious company Worldwide Corporation. The course intent is to provide an environment analogous to the tasks students will perform back at their jobs.
This course is designed for Lotus Domino or Sametime administrators who are new or experienced with Lotus Sametime and who need to deploy and manage Lotus Sametime in an enterprise environment.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Install an IBM Lotus Sametime server in an existing IBM Lotus Domino Domain.
- Establish the appropriate IBM Lotus Sametime security mechanisms for your environment, control web access to server databases, and implement token authentication.
- Configure ports on the IBM Lotus Sametime server.
- Configure the Sametime Community and Meeting Services.
- Configure Recorded Meeting Broadcast Services on an IBM Lotus Sametime server.
- Configure audio/visual services on the IBM Lotus Sametime server.
- Monitor the status and operations of an IBM Lotus Sametime server.
- Set user policies.
- Identify the capabilities and features for IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Configuring Token Authentication
Configuring Ports and Network Connectivity (3 topics)
- Configuring IBM Lotus Sametime Connectivity
- Configuring Networks and Ports on the IBM Lotus Sametime Server
Configuring Community Services and Meeting Services
Configuring the Recorded Meeting Broadcast Services
Configuring the Recorded Meeting Broadcast Services (3 topics)
- Broadcast Services Server Components and Clients
- Broadcast Services Settings
- Troubleshooting Broadcast Services Performance Issues
Configuring the Audio/Video Services (3 topics)
- Audio/Video Services
- Testing Audio/Visual Equipment
- Interactive Audio/Video Settings
Monitoring the IBM Lotus Sametime Server (2 topics)
- Logging IBM Lotus Sametime Server Events
- Using IBM Lotus Sametime Server Monitoring Tools
Setting User Policies (4 topics)
- Assigning IBM Lotus Sametime Policies
- Managing IBM Lotus Sametime Users
- Managing IBM Lotus Sametime Groups
- Adding IBM Lotus Sametime Server Administrators
IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced Capabilities and Features (1 topic)
- Features of IBM Lotus Sametime Advanced
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
IBM Lotus Domino 8 System Administration Operating Fundamentals
This 1-day training course on IBM Lotus Domino 8 System Administration Operating Fundamentals provides an overview of the basic concepts of Domino and Notes systems.
Building the IBM Lotus Domino 8 Infrastructure
This 2-day training course Building the IBM Lotus Domino 8 Infrastructure helps administrators to install and configure a basic infrastructure from a deployment plan.
Managing IBM Lotus Domino 8 Servers and Users
This 3-day training course Managing IBM Lotus Domino 8 Servers and Users gives you the skills to perform standard server maintenance and troubleshooting tasks, and administer Notes and non-Notes users...