Lotus Domino 8 Boot Camp
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course covers the entire core Lotus Domino 8 system administration curriculum which is normally taught in 6 days in courses L8ND750, L8ND760 and L8ND770. While the course duration is condensed to 5 days, the course content is not condensed; therefore, this boot camp offering covers the material at an accelerated pace, and could require participants to attend extended classroom hours.
The target audience for this course is system administrators new to Lotus Domino who need to acquire a foundational knowledge and working experience with the Lotus Domino 8 administration tools and who are responsible for:
* Installing and setting up of the initial, basic Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes 8 infrastructure.
* Setting up Domino Mail servers in the corporate intranet and extranet (i.e. Internet) environment.
* Monitoring and maintaining an existing Lotus Domino 8 infrastructure.
* Managing Notes and non-Notes users in a Domino domain.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (27 topics)
- Examining the Lotus Domino and Lotus Notes Architecture
- Performing Basic Administration Tasks
- Examining Lotus Domino Security Mechanisms
- Examining Mail Routing in Lotus Domino
- Examining Lotus Domino Replication
- Extending Lotus Domino Environment
- Installing and setting up the first Lotus Domino server and administrator
- Setting up servers in the Lotus Domino domain
- Adding Lotus Notes workstations to the Lotus Domino domain
- Setting up the administration environment
- Setting up the replication schedule to synchronize Lotus Domino system databases in the domain
- Configuring intranet Lotus Domino mail routing
- Configuring internet mail routing
- Enabling message controls
- Enabling server and messaging monitoring
- Troubleshooting common mail setup problems
- Managing Users
- Managing Groups
- Managing Non-Notes and Notes Clients
- Deploying Composite Applications
- Managing Servers
- Updating Servers
- Setting Up Server Monitoring
- Using Domino Domain Monitoring
- Monitoring Server Performance
- Resolving Server Problems
- Resolving User Problems