M6292: Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client. In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from an earlier version of Windows.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure file access and printers on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure wireless network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Secure Windows 7 client desktop computers.
- Optimize and maintain the performance and reliability of a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure mobile computing and remote access settings for a Windows 7 client computer.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in:
- Expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client.
- Acquiring deep technical knowledge of Windows 7.
- Learning the details of Windows 7 technologies.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7 (5 topics)
- Preparing to Install Windows 7
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7
- Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7
- Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7
- Configuring Application Compatibility
Configuring Disks and Device Drivers (4 topics)
- Partitioning Disks in Windows 7
- Managing Disk Volumes
- Maintaining Disks in Windows 7
- Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers (5 topics)
- Overview of Authentication and Authorization
- Managing File Access in Windows 7
- Managing Shared Folders
- Configuring File Compression
- Managing Printing
Configuring Network Connectivity (4 topics)
- Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity
- Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
Configuring Wireless Network Connections (2 topics)
- Overview of Wireless Networks
- Configuring a Wireless Network
Securing Windows 7 Desktops (8 topics)
- Overview of Security Management in Windows 7
- Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings
- Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker
- Configuring Application Restrictions
- Configuring User Account Control
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8
- Configuring Windows Defender
Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers (5 topics)
- Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools
- Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools
- Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup
- Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Update
Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7 (4 topics)
- Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings
- Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access
- Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access
- Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
* Experience installing PC hardware and devices. * Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts. * Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge. * The skills to map network file shares. * Experience working from a command prompt. * Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server. * Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization. * An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.