First Look: Windows 7 for IT Professionals Clinic and Hands-on-lab (Beta)
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This one day “First Look” instructor-led clinic introduces students to new features in Microsoft Windows 7 Beta: user productivity, improved security and control, streamlined PC management, and desktop optimization. This course combines the M6298 clinic with the M6290 hands-on-labs.
Delegates will learn how to:
* Discuss configuration of the UAC elevation prompt
* Explain BitLocker Data Encryption for removable storage devices
* Summarize how to create and enforce AppLocker rules
* Describe how Windows Defender helps to improve security on a computer
* Describe how DirectAccess helps improve the connectivity experience for remote users
* Explain how caching works to help make users in a branch office more productive
* Summarize how to use libraries and search to organize and find information
* Describe how taskbar and Control Panel improvements bring together common tasks and information to reduce clutter and improve navigation
* Explain how to perform a Windows Backup and Restore
* Describe troubleshooting enhancements including the Problem Steps Recorder, unified tracing concepts,
* Performance Monitor, and Windows PowerShell 2.0
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Security and Control (6 topics)
- Configure User Account Control.
- Utilize the User Account Type and Elevation Prompt.
- Configure Local Security Policy.
- Configure Windows Firewall.
- Create AppLocker Rules and configure enforcement.
- Configure Windows Defender.
Networking and Sharing (4 topics)
- Set indexing locations and modify advanced options.
- Execute searches form multiple locations.
- Create a library and set security permissions.
- Create and deploy a search connector.
Troubleshooting and Support (8 topics)
- Use the built-in diagnostics tools to diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Use Performance Monitor to collect system performance information.
- Configure the Action Center and view messages.
- Examine events in Event Viewer and create a custom view.
- Configure Device Manager and control device installation.
- Run Windows PowerShell commands.
- Configure Backup and Restore option.
- Configure the Sync Center.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training must have technical knowledge equivalent to the following courses: * Course 5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System * Course 5116: Configuring Windows Vista Mobile Computing and Applications * One-year experience installing, configuring, and supporting Windows desktop operating systems.