First Look: Windows 7 for IT Professionals Clinic and Hands-on-lab (Beta)
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Windows 7 Training Courses.
Security and Control (6 topics)
- Configure User Account Control.
- Utilize the User Account Type and Elevation Prompt.
- Configure Local Security Policy.
- Configure Windows Firewall.
- Create AppLocker Rules and configure enforcement.
- Configure Windows Defender.
Networking and Sharing (4 topics)
- Set indexing locations and modify advanced options.
- Execute searches form multiple locations.
- Create a library and set security permissions.
- Create and deploy a search connector.
Troubleshooting and Support (8 topics)
- Use the built-in diagnostics tools to diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Use Performance Monitor to collect system performance information.
- Configure the Action Center and view messages.
- Examine events in Event Viewer and create a custom view.
- Configure Device Manager and control device installation.
- Run Windows PowerShell commands.
- Configure Backup and Restore option.
- Configure the Sync Center.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training must have technical knowledge equivalent to the following courses: * Course 5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System * Course 5116: Configuring Windows Vista Mobile Computing and Applications * One-year experience installing, configuring, and supporting Windows desktop operating systems.