First Look: Windows 7 for IT Professionals Clinic and Hands-on-lab (Beta)
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This one day “First Look” instructor-led clinic introduces students to new features in Microsoft Windows 7 Beta: user productivity, improved security and control, streamlined PC management, and desktop optimization. This course combines the M6298 clinic with the M6290 hands-on-labs.
Delegates will learn how to:
* Discuss configuration of the UAC elevation prompt
* Explain BitLocker Data Encryption for removable storage devices
* Summarize how to create and enforce AppLocker rules
* Describe how Windows Defender helps to improve security on a computer
* Describe how DirectAccess helps improve the connectivity experience for remote users
* Explain how caching works to help make users in a branch office more productive
* Summarize how to use libraries and search to organize and find information
* Describe how taskbar and Control Panel improvements bring together common tasks and information to reduce clutter and improve navigation
* Explain how to perform a Windows Backup and Restore
* Describe troubleshooting enhancements including the Problem Steps Recorder, unified tracing concepts,
* Performance Monitor, and Windows PowerShell 2.0
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Security and Control (6 topics)
- Configure User Account Control.
- Utilize the User Account Type and Elevation Prompt.
- Configure Local Security Policy.
- Configure Windows Firewall.
- Create AppLocker Rules and configure enforcement.
- Configure Windows Defender.
Networking and Sharing (4 topics)
- Set indexing locations and modify advanced options.
- Execute searches form multiple locations.
- Create a library and set security permissions.
- Create and deploy a search connector.
Troubleshooting and Support (8 topics)
- Use the built-in diagnostics tools to diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Use Performance Monitor to collect system performance information.
- Configure the Action Center and view messages.
- Examine events in Event Viewer and create a custom view.
- Configure Device Manager and control device installation.
- Run Windows PowerShell commands.
- Configure Backup and Restore option.
- Configure the Sync Center.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training must have technical knowledge equivalent to the following courses: * Course 5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System * Course 5116: Configuring Windows Vista Mobile Computing and Applications * One-year experience installing, configuring, and supporting Windows desktop operating systems.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System
Training course M5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System serves as an entry point for other Microsoft Vista courses.
M5116: Configuring Windows Vista Applications and Tools
Training course M5116: Configuring Windows Vista Applications and Tools provides students with the knowledge and skills to successfully configure Vista