Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is designed to introduce Oracle DBAs, software development personnel and database support staff to the primary features and constructs of the PL/SQL Programming Language and enhance their productivity in manipulating data.
The delegates will practise:
- Writing and running PL/SQL programs from SQL*Plus or SQL Developer
- Declaring and using variables and constants
- Assigning and manipulating values
- Using SQL statements within PL/SQL
- Implementing conditional execution and loop constructs
- Declaring and using cursors with and without parameters
- Updating data with cursors
- Trapping and handling errors and exceptions in code
- Implementing nested and labelled loops and blocks
- Raising exceptions
- Handling PL/SQL records and tables
- Using PL/SQL table built-in functions
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
PL/SQL Fundamentals (7 topics)
- What is PL/SQL?
- Basic Elements
- Variables and Constants
- Data Types
- Initialising Variables and Assigning Values
- Using SQL Statements in Code
- Generating Output to SQL or SQL Developer
Program Logic (7 topics)
- IF THEN ELSIF ELSE Statements
- CASE Statements
- The Basic Loop Construct
- WHILE and FOR Loops
- Nested and Labelled Loops
- The GOTO Statement
- The CONTINUE Statement
Using Cursors (9 topics)
- What is a Cursor?
- Implicit and Explicit Cursors
- Cursor Operations
- Declaring, Opening and Closing Cursors
- Fetching Rows
- Status Checking
- Using Cursors FOR UPDATE
- The Cursor FOR Loop
- Parameterised Cursors
Exceptions and Nested Blocks (10 topics)
- The EXCEPTION Section
- Types of Exception
- Handling Named System-Raised Exceptions
- Handling Un-named System-Raised Exceptions
- User-Declared Exceptions and Application Errors
- WHEN OTHERS THEN NULL
- Nested and Labelled Blocks
- Propagation of Exceptions
- Scope of Variables and Cursors
- Scope of Goto Statements
PL/SQL Records and Index-By Tables (6 topics)
- Declaring Record Types
- Handling PL/SQL Records
- Nested Records
- Declaring PL/SQL Index-By Tables or Associative Arrays
- PL/SQL Table Built-in Functions
- Manipulating PL/SQL Tables or Associative Arrays
A working knowledge of SQL*Plus. This can be gained by attendance on SQL*Plus (OSP). Some previous programming experience would prove advantageous.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|