M2290: Preinstalling Microsoft Windows XP for OEMs
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Windows XP Training Courses.
Preinstalling Microsoft Windows XP Using the OPK (7 topics)
- Introduction to the OEM Preinstallation Kit
- Overview of the Preinstallation Process
- Installing the OPK Tools
- Building a Configuration Set Using Setup Manager
- Automating Preinstallation Using WinPE and the Configuration Set
- Running the System Preparation Tool
Customizing the Windows XP Preinstallation (4 topics)
- Introduction to Windows Welcome
- Configuring Computer Settings
- Introduction to Step by Step Interactive
Obtaining Support and Troubleshooting Windows XP (3 topics)
- Troubleshooting Windows XP Preinstallation
- Examining the Support Process
Extending Support to End Users (3 topics)
- Introduction to PC Health
- Examining Windows Product Activation
- General knowledge of preinstalling and configuring Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, Microsoft Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows 2000.
- General knowledge of preinstalling operating systems by using the OPK.
- General knowledge of Windows Welcome customizations and how to use Sysprep for imaging.
- General knowledge of networking concepts, including network operating systems, client/server relationships, and local area networks (LANs).