Students should have experience with installing and performing standard HACMP configuration functions, which can be obtained through the following course (or equivalent experience):
AU54: HACMP System Administration I: Planning and Implementation
Note: AU54 is a MANDATORY prerequisite
Students should also have experience with the following skills, which are prerequisites for AU61:
- The AIX 5L operating system.
- Ideally, students should be certified to level IBM Certified Specialist -- eServer p5 and pSeries -Administration and Support for AIX 5L V5.3 (Test 222: http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/certs/03005005.shtml) or equivalent
- The IBM server hardware which they are using
- The principles of good system management
- TCP/IP Communications Concepts and Tools as covered in AU07
- LVM Concepts and Configuration as covered in AU14, AU16, AU20
- Knowledge of an external shared disk environment such as SCSI, Serial Storage Architecture (SSA) or FC disk subsystems; as covered in AU20, AU54.
- Good Korn Shell script programming