AIX System Administration II: Problem Determination
This course has been replaced by the Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination course.
Course Content (11 topics)
- pSeries Systems Architecture
- The use and purpose of the Object Data Manager
- Systems Initialisation and boot failures
- Disk Management through the Logical Volume Manager
- Saving and restoring filesystems and volume groups
- mksysb creation and systems recovery
- Journaled Filesystems and JFS2
- Volume Group Management
- The error log, the diag utility and the AIX system dump utility
- Basic performance monitoring
- System Security
A working knowledge of AIX including one editor, shell programming and system administration tasks such as adding users, devices and filesystems.