AIX Basics (Official)
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Waste no time getting a firm grip on AIX - IBM's UNIX operating system. This is the starting point for our core advanced AIX courses.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Use AIX online documentation
- Manage AIX files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Use the vi editor
- Execute common AIX commands and manage AIX processes
- Customize the working environment
- Use common AIX utilities
- Write simple shell scripts
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who requires basic AIX user skills.This course is also a prerequisite for students who plan to attend the AIX System Administration courses.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Content (14 topics)
- Introduction to AIX
- Using the System
- AIX Documentation
- Files and Directories
- Using Files
- File Permissions
- Shell Basics
- Using Shell Variables
- The vi Editor
- Customizing the User Environment
- AIX Utilities
- AIX Utilities, Part II
- Additional Shell Features
Students should be familiar with the basic usage of an operating system.