M6419: Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This five-day instructor-led course combines five days worth of instructor-led training content from the Network Infrastructure Technology Specialist, Active Directory Technology Specialist, and IT Professional Server Administrator courses of Windows Server 2008 to provide students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 environment. This course covers the core skills required by anyone working with Windows Server 2008 Servers.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the different administrative tools and tasks in Windows Server 2008.
- Configure AD DS user and computer accounts.
- Create Groups and Organizational Units.
- Manage access to shared resources in an AD DS environment.
- Configure Active Directory Objects and Trusts.
- Create and configure Group Policy Objects.
- Configure user and computer environments by using Group Policy.
- Implement security by using Group Policy.
- Configure and analyze server security and security update compliance.
- Configure and manage storage technologies included with Windows Server 2008.
- Configure and manage Distributed File System.
- Configure Network Access Protection.
- Configure availability of network resources.
- Monitorand Maintain servers running Windows Server 2008.
- Manage a Windows Server 2008 Backup and Restore.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Administrative Tasks in Windows Server 2008 Environment (4 topics)
- Server Roles
- Overview of Active Directory
- Using Windows Server 2008 Administrative Tools
- Using Remote Desktop for Administration
Creating Active Directory Domain Services User and Computer Objects (4 topics)
- Managing User Accounts
- Creating Computer Accounts
- Automating AD DS Object Management
- Using Queries to Locate Objects in AD DS
Creating Groups and Organizational Units (3 topics)
- Introduction to Groups
- Managing Groups
- Creating Organizational Units
Managing Access to Resources in Active Directory Domain Services (4 topics)
- Managing Access Overview
- Assigning Permissions to Shared Resources
- Managing NTFS File and Folder Permissions
- Determining Effective Permission
Configuring Active Directory Objects and Trusts (2 topics)
- Delegating Administrative Access to AD DS Objects
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
Creating and Configuring Group Policy (5 topics)
- Overview of Group Policy
- Configuring the Scope of Group Policy Objects
- Evaluating the Application of Group Policy Objects
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Delegating Administrative Control of Group Policy
Configuring User Environments Using Group Policy (8 topics)
- Configuring Group Policy Settings
- Configuring Scripts and Folder Redirection Using Group Policy
- Configuring Administrative Templates
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
- Deploying Software Using Group Policy
- Introduction to Group Policy Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Group Policy Application
- Troubleshooting Group Policy Settings
Implementing Security Using Group Policy (4 topics)
- Configuring Security Policies
- Implementing Fine-Grained Password Policies
- Restricting Group Membership and Access to Software
- Managing Security Using Security Templates
Configuring Server Security Compliance (5 topics)
- Securing a Windows Infrastructure
- Configuring an Audit Policy
- Overview of Windows Server Update Services
- Managing WSUS
- Planning for Security Update Management
Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies (6 topics)
- Windows Server 2008 Storage Management Overview
- Managing Storage Using File Server Resource Manager
- Configuring Quota Management
- Implementing File Screening
- Managing Storage Reports
- Troubleshooting Storage Issues
Configuring and Managing Distributed File System (3 topics)
- DFS Overview
- Configuring DFS Namespaces
- Configuring DFS Replication
Configuring Network Access Protection (4 topics)
- Overview of Network Access Protection
- How NAP Works
- Configuring NAP
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Configuring Availability of Network Resources (2 topics)
- Configuring Shadow Copies
- Providing Server and Service Availability
Monitoring and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers (8 topics)
- Planning Monitoring Tasks
- Calculating a Server Baseline
- Measuring Performance Objects
- Analyzing key performance counters
- Selecting Appropriate Monitoring Tools
- Planning Notification Methods
- Overview of Windows Server 2008 Maintenance Tasks
- Automating Windows Server 2008 Maintenance
Managing Windows Server 2008 Backup and Restore (5 topics)
- Planning Backups with Windows Server 2008
- Planning Backup Policy on Windows Server 2008
- Planning a Server Restore Policy
- Planning an EFS Restore Policy
- Verifying Restored Data
Before attending this course, students must have: * At least one year experience operating Windows Servers in the area of account management, server maintenance, server monitoring, or server security. * A+, Server+, hardware portion of Net+, and familiarity with Windows (client side). * Working knowledge of networking technologies. * Intermediate understanding of network operating systems. * Working experience with Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008. * Basic knowledge of Active Directory. * An understanding of security concepts and methodologies (for example, corporate policies). * Basic knowledge of TCP/IP. * Basic knowledge of scripting tools such as Powershell and WMI.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1001 Support Skills
This 5-day official CompTIA A+ Essentials course provides delegates with the fundamentals of PC installation, support and troubleshooting.
CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1002 Support Skills
This 5-day practical course builds on the PC installation and troubleshooting skills developed in the first A+ course.