PRINCE2 2017 Practitioner
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
PRINCE2 is one of the world’s most widely used project management methods. Based on best-practice, the method can be applied to any project irrespective of its size, industry sector, geographic location or culture. This course provides a definitive understanding of PRINCE2. We cover its four integrated components – the principles, themes, processes and project environment. We also look at management roles required in a PRINCE2 project and what management products must be created to ensure the project is delivered in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
Using elements from QA’s ‘Performance Based Learning’ approach, we help you to not only know PRINCE2, but also apply and tailor it for your projects. The course has been designed by award winning instructional designers to ensure that it provides an interactive and engaging introduction to PRINCE2. Our experienced PRINCE2 experts explain the method through a wide range of individual and group exercises, case-study application, learning ‘games’ and practice exam questions.
Prior to attending your course, you need to provide evidence that you satisfy the prerequisite of holding the 2009 or 2017 version of the PRINCE2 Foundation qualification or one of the other suitable certifications listed on the AXELOS website (for example, PMI CAPM and PMP or an IPMA Level A-D qualification).
You will be required to bring along your own copy of the official PRINCE2 manual, ‘Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2’. You may have received this on your Foundation course. Please ensure you bring the 2017 version, ISBN-13: 978-0113315338. Details of changes between PRINCE2:2009 and PRINCE2:2017 can be found on the AXELOS website.
- Demonstrate that they can apply and tailor the PRINCE2 method to a real project
- Explain and apply the PRINCE2 principles
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes and describe how they are applied to a project
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, explaining the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle
- Create the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Content (5 topics)
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2™ meets that requirement
- Understand the PRINCE2™ process model and apply the PRINCE2™ processes
- Design a robust and appropriate project organisation
- Apply appropriate controls at different levels and at different points in the life cycle of a project
- Take the PRINCE2™ Practitioner examination paper.
PRINCE2 2017 manual
In addition to the pre-requisites cited below, delegates attending this course must bring their copy of the PRINCE2 2017 manual.
You must provide evidence that you satisfy the prerequisite of holding the 2009 or 2017 version of the PRINCE2 Foundation qualification or one of the other suitable certifications listed on the AXELOS website (for example, PMI CAPM and PMP or an IPMA Level A-D qualification).
Acceptable forms of evidence are as follow:
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate)
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
PRINCE2 2017 Foundation (2 day inc exam)
This 2-day course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 project management methodology and the opportunity to take the exam.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Attend From Anywhere)