PRINCE2 2017 Foundation and Practitioner
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This five-day accredited course provides participants with a thorough grounding in PRINCE2 and is comprised of three main elements. The first provides coverage of PRINCE2 principles, the need for structured project management, why pragmatic and intelligent use of methods is so important and how PRINCE2 can be employed to achieve business-related objectives.
The second element considers the method itself:
- The structure of PRINCE2
- How the major themes and processes work on their own as well as together. The themes are examined in detail as are the processes and their related activities
- How the roles associated with the PRINCE2 method can be made really effective.
The third element deals with the tailoring of PRINCE2 and explores the need for tailoring the method when introducing it into a different environments and using it in different sizes of project, always bearing in mind the need to keep bureaucracy to a minimum.
Presented by skilled lecturers with extensive experience in the practical application of project management, the course includes examination coaching and practice using sample questions.
All delegates will sit the PRINCE2 Foundation examination (a multiple choice paper) in the late afternoon of the third day of the course. Delegates who wish to appear on the central register for qualified PRINCE2:2009 Practitioners may sit the Practitioner examination on the morning of the fifth day of the course.
Flexibility is a key issue within the PRINCE2 examination, therefore delegates can either take the examination on the final day of the course or at a later date when they are feeling more confident of their understanding of the method and its application. Delegates choosing to take the examination at a later date will attend the first 3 days of the course and return to attend the final 2 days, taking the examination on the morning of the second day. When making your booking please advise of your attendance preference. This course is fully compliant with the latest version of PRINCE2, and carries the award of 37.5 Professional Development Units (PDUs) for PMI re-certification.
- At Foundation level, demonstrate that they understand and can recall the various components of the PRINCE2 method
- At Practitioner level, demonstrate that they can apply and tailor the PRINCE2 method to a real project
- Explain and apply the PRINCE2 principles
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes and describe how they are applied to a project
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, explaining the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle
- Create the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
PRINCE2® Background & Objectives (3 topics)
Project organisation (8 topics)
- Organisational structure
- Roles and responsibilities
- The project board
- The project manager
- Team management
- Project assurance
- Project support
- Supplier relationships
Planning (5 topics)
- Purpose and importance
- Components & types of plan
- Planning techniques
- Product based planning
- The steps in planning
Project control (7 topics)
- Work package authorisation
- Stage assessments
- Establish project & stage tolerance
- Checkpoints & highlight reports
- Handling exception situations
- Project issues
- Project reporting
Risk management (3 topics)
- Categories of risk
- Risk analysis and management
- The risk log
Quality (4 topics)
- Ensuring quality
- Quality planning
- Product descriptions
- Quality control and quality review
Change Control and Configuration Management (11 topics)
- Change control steps
- Authority levels
- Analysing the impact
- Configuration management Processes
- Starting up and Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
PRINCE2® in practice (4 topics)
- Tailoring PRINCE2® for different business environments
- Scaling PRINCE2® for use with projects of different type and/or size
- Implementing PRINCE2®
- Project documentation and filing
No formal prerequisites exist for this course but delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attendance.
- Delegates will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including (where applicable) access to QA's interactive video-based learning, that will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately six hours to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively).