The Effective Managers Tool Kit
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day interactive and practical workshop will help participants develop the management and leadership skills required in their roles. Those present will be encouraged to relate management theories and principles to their own working lives, and to prepare an action plan of what they plan to do differently as a result of the programme.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Content (9 topics)
- What is involved in effective management?
- Action-centred leadership: How to balance the diverse demands of the management role - the task, the team and the individual
- Effective Communication: An appreciation of what is involved in good communication. Techniques for building rapport face-to-face, over the phone and in writing.
- Learning styles and the Learning Cycle: Honey and Mumford's learning style questionnaire - an understanding of our own preferred style and that of others.
- Setting objectives: Objectives that work for the organisation, the team and the individual
- Management styles: How to adapt our approach to suit the situation
- Motivation: An exploration of several motivational theories, and how to put them into practice. Some tips for managing those who are not currently performing.
- Strength Deployment Inventory: An insight into our own motivational value system and that of others, including what happens when things are not going well
- Giving effective feedback: Some tips and techniques for giving objective feedbackDelegation: What is involved in effective delegation, and how to choose the right person for the job.