For public scheduled options, please see either Communicate Effectively or Verbal Communication Skills.
Course Content (18 topics)
- A workshop session allowing the delegates to express the problems they face when communicating with others.
- Communication models
- Identifying why problems in communications occur and listing the top most annoying habits of others.
- Rapport Building
- Exploring the myths of body language and how it can be used effectively to build a rapport with others and therefore enhance the communication process. Voice patterns are also identified to assist in creating rapport over the telephone.
- How to develop assertiveness skills to enable the right message to be delivered in a congruent manner.
- An introduction to a techniques that is key to problem solving, idea sharing in a group setting.
- Mind Mapping
- Using a thought gathering technique to clearly structure presentations, written communication, meetings etc.
- Creating effective E-mails
- Exploring the use of the rapport building model to create emails that are easily understood and appreciated by the recipients. Basic language patterns are identified with an explanation of their uses.
- Managing Meetings
- The difficulties in running effective meetings are highlighted with workshops to create solutions for these problems. Hints and tips are provided for creating effective agendas, note taking and time management.
- Presenting with Impact
- Delegates are taken through all the key considerations when putting a presentation together. These include structure, audience needs, visual aids, dealing with difficult people and handling stage fright.