M50023: Managing System Centre Data Protection Manager 2007
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to protect and recover data using System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 (DPM). This course is intended for backup system administrators. Knowledge of operating systems and backup devices is assumed.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan a DPM deployment.
- Install and configure DPM and the protection agent.
- Protect enterprise applications like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint Services and virtual machines using DPM.
- Backup and recover data from DPM servers.
- Backup and restore system state of DPM servers.
- Identify and resolve problems with DPM servers, protection agents, and protected data.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introducing Data Protection and Disaster Recovery (8 topics)
- Select a backup solution
- Define protection groups, protection agents, synchronization, consistency checks, recovery points with relation to DPM
- Prepare a protection and recovery plan for the enterprise
- Select a data protection method
- Define recovery goals
- Allocate space for protection groups
- Select replica creation method
- Set compression and encryption levels
Installing and Configuring DPM 2007 (6 topics)
- List out the hardware and software requirements for DPM 2007
- Install DPM 2007 on a server
- Use the DPM console
- Install the protection agent on a protected computer
- Create protection groups
- Configure the protection group
Extending DPM Protection to Enterprise Applications (6 topics)
- Perform maintenance jobs on the DPM servers
- Protect file servers
- Protect Exchange servers
- Protect SQL servers
- Protect SharePoint farms
- Protect virtual machines
Examining Protected Data Backup and Recovery (6 topics)
- Backup a DPM server
- Recover protected computers
- Recover protected Exchange data
- Recover protected SQL data
- Recover protected virtual machines
Troubleshooting DPM 2007 (7 topics)
- Review installation logs
- Resolve installation issues
- Resolve upgrade issues
- Resolve uninstallation issues
- Resolve protection agent installation issues
- Use alerts to monitor DPM servers
- Use DPM Management Shell for troubleshooting
Knowledge of operating systems and backup devices.