ILM - First Line Management - Introduction to Leadership
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Management Skills Training Courses.
Course Outline (19 topics)
- Establish personal objectives for the course
- What is the role of a manager and leader?
- The greatest leaders of all time
- Basic principles of management
- Completion and analysis of a personal leadership skills profile
- Applying action centred leadership
- Team values
- Characteristics of an effective team
- Helpful and hindering team member behaviours
- The four stage model of team development
- The theory and application of situational leadership
- The importance of goal setting
- What causes motivation and de-motivation in the workplace?
- Building motivation in your team
- The delegation process
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Conflict handling - completion and analysis of your personal conflict handling modes profile.
- Participation in and analysis of, experiential learning activities.
- Completion of a personal action plan.