Fundamentals of Novell eDirectory 8.8
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
As a network administrator, you have to juggle many different tasks. Novell eDirectory 8.8 can simplify one of your most demanding responsibilities: routine network management. You can learn the basics of eDirectory management by attending Fundamentals of Novell eDirectory 8.8 (Course 3078). During this course, you will learn how to perform directory-related administrative tasks using Novell eDirectory 8.8 on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 platform. The course focuses on design principles essential to planning an optimized eDirectory tree and the critical infrastructure processes that enable eDirectory to reliably maintain and securely replicate directory data.
This course is intended for network administrators and other network management professionals who have little or no experience using Novell eDirectory but who are planning to implement eDirectory on a mixed or homogeneous platform network. This can apply to a student deploying eDirectory in any network environment on any of the supported platforms (Windows, NetWare, Linux, Unix, Solaris, AIX, etc) for any reason or students with significant Linux training and/or experience who need to implement Novell services in their Linux environment. All of Novell's services (such as GroupWise, ZEN, IDM, iFolder, iPrint, etc) are directory-enabled, so a fundamental understanding of eDirectory is prerequisite to deploying any of those services.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (12 topics)
- Identifying the purpose and function of a directory and the specific benefits of Novell eDirectory
- Understanding fundamental eDirectory concepts including components, object classes, and object-context and naming conventions
- Configuring Service Location Protocol on Linux
- Configuring Network Time Protocol with eDirectory
- Installing eDirectory 8.8 on a SUSE Linux Enterprise server
- Administering Novell eDirectory using iManager
- Creating, modifying, moving and deleting user objects
- Understanding, determining, and blocking eDirectory rights
- Indentifying and administering partitions and replicas
- Maintaining Novell eDirectory using iMonitor
- Backing up and restoring eDirectory
- Designing and evaluating an eDirectory tree