Adobe Dreamweaver: Hotshot
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is the next natural step in your website creation career. Learn to build amazing web interfaces with little knowledge of code. Achieving that powerful web 2.0 look easily with Dreamweaver's useful advanced tools will be a 'snip' once you can learn to master the Spry suite of tools Dreamweaver offers.
By the time students are finished with this course they will have comfortable knowledge of building table less web sites with CSS. Students will also have a much better understanding of building effective, functional forms with clever validation techniques. Web 2.0 will no longer be a 'term' but a reality as you will be able to work with Dreamweaver’s Spry tools; building Accordions, Tabbed Panels, Data sets and much more.
This course is for any serious web designers/developer who are looking to move the next stage in web design and to build powerful Web 2.0 style websites.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Review of Dreamweaver Basics (3 topics)
- Short review of basics of laying up a page in Dreamweaver.
- Setting up FTP Connections
- Setting up Remote and Testing Servers
Advanced Cascading Style Sheets using Dreamweaver (3 topics)
- Review of basic selectors: tag, link, class, id
- Advanced CSS Selectors: descendant, universal
- Using External, Embedded and Inline Styles
CSS Positioning using Dreamweaver (6 topics)
- Understanding CSS positioning rules
- Relative vs absolute positioning
- Creating and styling a web for
- Practical solutions to common CSS problems
- Overview of media types
- Adding a print style sheet to your site
Tableless Design using Dreamweaver (2 topics)
- Review of tableless design: building two and three column layouts
- Nesting Divs
Using Dreamweaver Extension manager (2 topics)
- Learn how to install your own Dreamweaver extensions
- Working with Dreamweaver extensions
Dreamweaver Sprys and Widgets (5 topics)
- Learn how to enhance your pages with web 2.0 style elements
- Introduction to Dreamweaver Sprys; Widgets,Data and Effects
- Working with Spry Menu Bars
- Working with Spry Accordions
- Working with Spry Tabbed Panels
Creating Functional Tableless Forms (3 topics)
- Overview of Form elements
- Styling your form with CSS
- Validating your form with Spry Validation tools
Working with Customer Data (4 topics)
- Benefits of External Customer data
- Importing from Excel
- Introduction HTML, Excel and XML data
- Working with Spry DataSets
Investigating the Adobe Labs (3 topics)
- Introduction to Adobe’s powerful Lab tools
- Learn to create intuitive animated Effects quickly and easily
- Learn to create a powerful AutoSuggest feature quickly and easily
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Adobe Dreamweaver CS4: Introduction
This 3-day course provides web designers with the knowledge and hands-on practice they need to build and manage professional web sites using Dreamweaver.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online