Creating Reports using SSRS Report Designer
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor-led course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to produce reports using Report Designer. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use the product features and tools related to data retrieval, visualisations and deployment.
Please note - This course covers Report Designer as part of Visual Studio / SQL Server Data Tools - Business Intelligence(SSDT-BI).
There is no exam or certification related to this course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Publish reports to a report server
- Create data sources and data sets
- Work with tablix reports
- Work with report visualisations
- Add interactivity to reports
This course is intended for end users and IT staff who will produce reports for their organisation, department or group.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview of Report Designer
Adding data sources and data sets (3 topics)
- Use various data sources and data sets including TSQL and MDX
- Set source connection and credentials
- Shared data sources and datasets
Tabular Reports (7 topics)
- Set page and report settings
- Review the different tabular report data regions (table, matrix and list)
- Set textbox properties such as number formatting
- Set table sorting and interactive sorting
- Add groups to columns and rows
- Add a document map
- Add interactivity with expand and collapse using hide and show
Visualisations (6 topics)
- Review chart types available
- Add visualisations to a report: Chart; Gauge; Subreport; Images
- Add maps
- New Visualisations: Sparklines; Data bars; Indicators
- Shared data sets
- Report parts
Using Report Models (7 topics)
- Lesson 1: Creating Report Models
- Lesson 2: Using Report Builder
- Exercise 1: (Level 200) Creating a Report Model
- Exercise 2: (Level 200) Using Report Builder to Create a Report
- After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Create Report Models.
- Use Report Builder.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. (Use windows explorer / internet explorer (i.e. things like find web page, create a folder); Login (CTRL ALT DELETE); Use a mouse, start menu etc.)
- Knowledge of Transact-SQL and MDX queries would be an advantage but not essential.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.