APMG Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner - AgilePM®
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please note: This course has been updated to version 2.0 of the Agile Project Management Handbook.
This five-day accredited course provides participants with a thorough grounding in the DSDM Agile Project Management framework. It is comprised of a Foundation-level introduction to the framework, and an in-depth Practitioner-level examination of how a project manager applies the framework.
Presented by skilled lecturers with extensive experience in the practical application of project management, the course includes examination coaching and practice using sample questions.
This course does not cover the Scrum Framework.
Delegates should be prepared to set aside time to revise for the Foundation and Practitioner exams, in the evenings after the course lecture finishes. This includes studying the course Handbook, and working through sample exam questions.
- Set up an Agile project
- Identify appropriate people for Agile roles
- Define Increments and Timeboxes to keep a project on track
- Manage a Solution Development Team
- Communicate with business stakeholders in a project environment
- Use Agile techniques, including prioritisation of requirements, to ensure on-time project delivery,
- Present the benefits of Agile approaches to senior management
- Identify risks to delivery of projects managed using the DSDM Agile approach
The Practitioner course is intended for anyone who expects to have a management or leadership role in an Agile project and is specifically built to support anyone who needs to apply the DSDM Project Management framework in a business environment. Delegates are expected to have experience of team leading, project management, or project assurance/support.
All delegates will sit the APMG Agile Foundation examination (a multiple choice paper) in the late afternoon of the second day of the course. Successful candidates will then be eligible to sit the Practitioner exam in the afternoon of the fifth day. Photo ID is required to take these exams.
The Foundation examination is taken at 15:00 during the afternoon on Day 2 and candidates may take 40 minutes to complete it
The Practitioner examination takes place at 13:00 on the afternoon of Day 5 and will last for up to 2.5 hours
Please Note: The last day (Day 5) will finish by 15:30 after the conclusion of the Practitioner exam.
APMG-International Agile Project Management is a trademark of The APM Group Limited.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Foundation Preparation (10 topics)
- What is Agile? And why use DSDM?
- Philosophy, Principles, and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- The DSDM Process
- The People - DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices - Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control Throughout the Lifecycle
- Other Practices - Iterative Development, Facilitated Workshops, Modeling and Prototyping
Practitioner Preparation (11 topics)
- Roles and Responsibilities - the project manager's view
- Agile Project Management through the Lifecycle
- The Effective Use of the Products
- Deliver on Time - Combining MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- People, Teams, and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating - How and When
- Project Planning throughout the Lifecycle
- Quality - Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the Approach
Proof of identity
Delegates must bring signed photo ID on any APMG exam (passport, driving license, student card) as they will be asked by the invigilator to produce it prior to the exam. Delegates must also be familiar with the APMG Terms and Conditions of Certification which can be found on the APMG International website.
While not required, delegates are encouraged to visit the DSDM Consortium's website and start to become familiar with the framework, at www.dsdm.org.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (London)
Virtual Classroom (London)
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)
01-05 08-12 22-26
Virtual Classroom (Wokingham)