M6231 Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2008 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Install and configure SQL Server 2008.
- Manage database files.
- Backup and restore databases.
- Manage security.
- Transfer data into and out of SQL Server.
- Automate administrative tasks.
- Replicate data between SQL Server instances.
- Maintain high availability.
- Monitor SQL Server
This course is intended for IT Professionals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installing and Configuring SQL Server (1 topic)
- The students will be introduced to planning for a SQL Server installation. The students will then be introduced to installing, configuring, and managing SQL Server
Managing Databases and Files (1 topic)
- The students will be introduced to database planning and creation, and using database options to control database behavior.
Disaster Recovery (1 topic)
- The students will be introduced to disaster recovery techniques for SQL Server. They will learn how to perform different types of backup and restore operations, including online restores and backup and restores of system databases
Managing Security (1 topic)
- The students will be introduced to protecting SQL Server. Students will learn about the SQL Server security model and how to use SQL Server security features to control access to databases and their contents
Transferring Data (1 topic)
- The students will be introduced to transfer data to and from SQL Server using UI and command-line tools, and learn about transferring and transforming data with SQL Server Integration Services
Automating Administrative Tasks (1 topic)
- The students will learn how to automate routine administrative tasks using jobs, operators, and alerts
Implementing Replication (1 topic)
- The students will be introduced to techniques for configuring SQL Server replication
Maintaining High Availability (1 topic)
- The students will be introduced to concepts and methods for maintaining high availability with SQL Server
Monitoring SQL Server (1 topic)
- The students will be introduced to monitoring SQL Server performance and activity
Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning (1 topic)
- The students will learn how to troubleshoot a variety of common SQL Server problems. Students will also learn how to tune SQL Server for improved performance using a variety of tools
Before attending this course, students must have: Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality. Working knowledge of Transact-SQL. Working knowledge of relational databases. Some experience with database design
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different levels of discounts are available, ranging from 5 to 50%. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.