Microsoft Visual Studio 2008: ADO.NET 3.5
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to access and modify data by using ADO.NET 3.5.
This course is intended for application developers who know how to create applications in Visual Studio 2005 or 2008.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe the purpose and structure of ADO.NET 3.5.
- Explain the role of data providers in ADO.NET 3.5.
- List the technologies and techniques available for managing data with ADO.NET 3.5.
- Insert, update, and delete data by using ADO.NET Command objects.
- Implement transactions to control data integrity and concurrency.
- Define and use a DataSet for retrieving data.
- Use a DataSet to update a database.
- Use a DataSet as a local cache in an occasionally connected environment.
- Define LINQ queries for selecting data from an in-memory data structure.
- Use LINQ to SQL to query data in a database.
- Use LINQ to SQL to modify data and save changes to the database.
- Explain how to use the ADO.NET Entity Framework to map a database schema to a logical business model.
- Use the ADO.NET Entity Framework to query and manage data.
- Explain how Synchronization Services supports occasionally-connected solutions.
- Use Synchronization Services to download data from a SQL Server database.
- Use Synchronization Services to upload data to a SQL Server database
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Getting Started with ADO .NET 3.5 (1 topic)
- This module explains how to connect to a database and retrieve data by using ADO.NET commands.
Modifying Data by Using ADO.NET Commands (1 topic)
- This module explains how to modify data by using ADO.NET commands.
Querying and Maintaining Data by Using DataSets (1 topic)
- This module explains how to use DataSets to fetch and modify data, and act as a local data cache.
Querying and Maintaining Data by Using LINQ (1 topic)
- This module explains how to use LINQ to retrieve and update data.
Implementing an Entity Model by Using the ADO.NET Entity Framework (1 topic)
- This module explains how to use the Entity Framework to implement an entity data model for querying and maintaining data.
Building Occasionally Connected Solutions by Using Synchronization Services (1 topic)
- This module explains how to use Synchronization Services to build occasionally connected solutions