z/OS System Operations
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Get up to speed quickly in z/OS operations introduces computer operations in large z/OS systems installations to staff with little or no formal IBM operator training.
A large amount of this course is "hands on" practical work using all of the systems.
This course is designed for Operations personnel, both system and network, with little or no formal IBM operator training and any personnel who need an understanding of the operations arena.
On completion, you will be able to:
- Have a technical appreciation of the computer operations environment
- Perform essential computer operations tasks
- Ientify problems and take the corrective action.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
z/OS System Operations (9 topics)
- IBM hardware and network overview
- Overview and operations of an z/OS system
- Overview and operations of a JES2 system
- Network operations using VTAM
- Introduction to TSO/ISPF/PDF
- Operating applications such as CICS/DB2
- Introduction to z/OS JCL
- Start up and shutdown of z/OS JES2 and its applications
- Problem source identification