Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Learn how to implement the Removable Media Manager (DFSMSrmm) functional component of DFSMS/MVS and optional features of z/OS. DFSMSrmm provides life cycle management of tape data which includes scheduling of tape volumes to and from storage locations (vaults).
This course is suitable for those responsible for implementing life cycle management for tape data using DFSMSrmm (a component of z/OS DFSMS). Personnel implementing DFRMM may also find the course beneficial.
On completion you will be able to:
- Select DFSMSrmm options suitable for your installation
- Create a control data set and journal for DFSMSrmm
- Define DFSMSrmm tape policies (Vital Record Specifications - VRS) for retention and movement.
- Create procedures for: Starting DFSMSrmm, initializing tapes and performing control data set backup
- Use the DFSMSrmm utilities to: Produce volume inventory and movement reports, perform control data set reorganization and perform control data set recovery
- Use the SYS1.SAMPLIB samples to produce additional reports.
- Identify access control requirements for using DFSMSrmm functions
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
z/OS Job Control Language
3 Day z/OS Language Course - Those with ISPF Knowledge can learn to write, interpret, use and understand z/OS Job Control Language
z/OS Storage Management Fundamentals
This 4-day z/OS Storage Management Fundamentals training course covers all practical aspects of the storage administrator's job.