Catalog Management and Availability in z/OS
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Online course works through the skills needed to build and maintain ICF catalogs:
- Includes ICF procedures to assure a high level of system availability.
- Builds on prior knowledge of ES07GB and SS83GB.
This course is suitable for those responsible for developing and implementing effective storage management techniques.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Review the parallel sysplex, SMS, and VSAM environments where ICF catalogs are used.
- Discuss the Multi-Level Alias.
- Describe VOLCATs.
- Review the CAS Address Space and the ISC and CDSC Cache environments.
- Compare the VVDS and ECS catalog sharing modes.
- Examine Extended Alias Support and the SYS% Conversion Facility.
- Discuss catalog sizing and performance issues.
- Describe catalog allocation, split, merge, and move operations.
- Examine the structure, function, and attributes of an ICF catalog.
- Recognize that a failure has occurred and identify the damaged structure.
- Assess the scope of the damage to the catalog, VSAM Volume Data Set, or Volume Table of Contents (VTOC).
- Determine the recovery actions using suitable recovery utilities and aids.
- Build error diagnosis, recovery, and backup procedures to meet data availability objectives.
- Develop a plan to convert existing catalogs to ICF.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Catalog Management (6 topics)
- The z/OS Environment
- The ICF Catalog Environment
- Catalog Management
- Structure and Error Diagnosis
- Backup Considerations
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.