The four day Communicate Effectively course is currently running on a public scheduled basis.
Course Outline (16 topics)
- Establish personal objectives for the course
- What happens when a conversation goes wrong?
- What is your definition of effective communication?
- What are the pre-requisites for effective communication?
- What type of communicator are you and what does that mean?
- Non-verbal communication - the impact of body language
- Communication and your thought process
- The relationship of thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- Handling negative feelings and the intervention process
- Improved questioning and listening skills
- The rapport triangle
- Transactional analysis
- The fundamentals of assertiveness
- An assertiveness model
- Making your case - behaviour styles
- Completion of a personal action plan