Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course will guide delegates step by step through the minute taking process, equipping them with ideas for successful preparation, listening, analysis and note-making. The event is highly participative and provides an opportunity for every delegate to take notes in an agreed format.
From formal AGMs to weekly staff gatherings, as a minute taker you will be expected to provide an accurate record of meetings to ensure that the right amount of detail for follow up decisions is recorded - as well as a clear summary for future action and reflection.
Delegates will learn how to:
- List what you need to do to prepare for meetings prior to, during and after the event
- State the role and responsibilities of a chairperson
- Demonstrate setting a well structured agenda
- State common obstacles to effective listening and demonstrate your own listening skills
- Identify a method of note-taking that suits your preferred style
- Select the important and relevant points from a discussion
- State agreed accepted conventions for the format of minutes
- Produce an accurate set of minutes, clearly and concisely
You will benefit from this course if you are expected to take accurate and professionally produced notes or minutes.
Course Topics (15 topics)
- Personal objectives for the course.
- The meeting - what you should do before, during and after.
- The role and responsibilities of a chairperson.
- Styles of agenda.
- Setting the agenda.
- Barriers to listening.
- Listening and summarising a conversation.
- Using subject and viewpoint.
- Methods and style for taking notes.
- Simplifying expressions & editing redundant expressions.
- Styles of minutes.
- Sections of minutes.
- Recording decisions and actions.
- Practising minute taking.
- Completion of a personal action plan.
Please bring examples of previously taken notes and minutes (removing or blacking out areas of confidentiality) so that we can use these during the course
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.