Essential Skills for the Office Professional
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The office professional’s role calls for flexibility and a broad portfolio of skills including self-motivation, assertiveness, and dealing with difficult people. The ability to communicate effectively at a wide range of levels with tact and diplomacy is fundamental for a multi-skilled professional.
This course is designed for office administrators, secretaries and PAs, to assess and evaluate existing skills and techniques and to develop those skills essential for successful office and administrative support.
Administrators, secretaries and PAs, who want to enhance their office and administrative support skills will benefit from attending this course.
Delegates will learn how to:
- State how the role of office professional has evolved
- Evaluate your areas of strength and your areas for improvement in the office environment
- Accept new challenges and responsibilities with confidence
- Establish what motivates you at work
- Demonstrate influencing and assertiveness skills using effective non-verbal and verbal communication
- Define your preferred working style and relating it to your interaction with others
- Analyse creative thinking techniques and further ways of using your initiative
- Identify the best way to deal with challenging people using recognised communication models
- Review stress and how to limit its effects on you.
Course Outline (19 topics)
- Establish personal objectives for the course
- The evolving role of the office professional
- Your personal SCOT analysis
- The importance of self-motivation
- Showing personal initiative
- Initiative and creative thinking
- Working effectively with your manager
- Communication models
- The importance of non-verbal communication
- Questioning techniques and listening skills
- The significance of assertive behaviour
- Your rights and responsibilities
- A model to enable you to deliver an assertive message
- What is influencing?
- The importance of positive language
- Exploring your working style.
- Dealing with challenging people
- Handling stress in the workplace
- Completion of a personal action plan