Essential Skills for the Office Professional
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Personal Skills Training Courses.
Course Outline (19 topics)
- Establish personal objectives for the course
- The evolving role of the office professional
- Your personal SCOT analysis
- The importance of self-motivation
- Showing personal initiative
- Initiative and creative thinking
- Working effectively with your manager
- Communication models
- The importance of non-verbal communication
- Questioning techniques and listening skills
- The significance of assertive behaviour
- Your rights and responsibilities
- A model to enable you to deliver an assertive message
- What is influencing?
- The importance of positive language
- Exploring your working style.
- Dealing with challenging people
- Handling stress in the workplace
- Completion of a personal action plan