Managing People in Projects
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Project Management Skills Training Courses.
Course Topics (25 topics)
- Personal objectives for the course.
- Who is included in the project team?
- What problems do you experience?
- The importance of your success as a project manager.
- What is project management?
- The differences between line management and project management.
- The skills required to run a project.
- The action centred leadership model.
- Leadership style and the life cycle of the project.
- Building the project team and key team roles in the project team.
- Stages of team development.
- Managing individuals within the project team.
- Setting objectives.
- Controlling projects and progress reporting.
- The importance of delegation.
- The significance of your communication skills.
- Questioning and listening techniques.
- The transactional analysis model.
- Influencing strategies.
- The power of behaviour.
- What motivates and de-motivates your project team?
- Conflict management.
- The impact of stress.
- Completion of a personal action plan.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course but it is expected that delegates will have some experience managing projects or working as part of a project team