TAP Certificate in Mentoring Skills
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
As well as training professionals and coaches, many organisations are calling upon mentors to contribute to talent management and progression of employees through the business.
This course offers those who wish to build upon their mentoring skills and develop a flexible toolbox and structure that they can adapt to suit any given mentoring situation.
What the delegates will learn
- Understanding the role of a mentor
- Discussing interpersonal and intrapersonal skills in the mentoring setting
- Structuring a mentoring programme
- Conducting a mentoring session
What's included in the course
- Pre-course work
- Evening work
- This is an elective component of the TAP Skills Qualification Framework
Delegates will be able to:
- Analyse your own skills and attributes
- Create a draft set of guidelines for the set-up
- Draft a template, outlining mentee discussion points
- Apply 5 goal-setting principles to a given goal
- Provide feedback, using a given scenario to meet the criteria of the Mentoring Profile
This course is suitable for anyone who is required to develop and mentor individuals in the workplace.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Mentoring (4 topics)
- The definition of mentoring
- Skills and attributes of a mentor
- The EMPATHIC mentor
- Obstacles and mitigations
The Set-up (2 topics)
- The structure of mentoring programme
- Elements to discuss when starting the programme
The MENTOR Model (5 topics)
- The structure of mentoring discussions
- Questions to ask at each phase of the mentoring discussion
- Motivating the mentee
- Useful sources of support
- Development activities
Goal Setting (3 topics)
- An introduction to goal setting
- Considerations for goal setting
- Five principles of goal setting
Giving Feedback (2 topics)
- The 5-step feedback process
- Feedback tips
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.