Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
In a competitive market, it is essential that organisations have highly developed people through on the job training. There are various methods to develop other people, for which one method is mentoring. Mentoring is not a new development process, it has been used successfully for a very long time.
This course is designed to raise participant’s awareness towards the benefits of mentoring and enable them to successfully introduce a mentoring scheme into their organisation.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Explain the role of the mentor and the benefits of a mentoring programme
- Identify the steps in the process of mentoring, including identifying the protégés towards their goal and
- Evaluating the performance of the protégé
- Recognise the qualities of a mentor and protégé, and state the importance of selecting the right people for a mentoring scheme
- Manage the process of mentoring, including launching the scheme and monitoring/ evaluating progress
- Identify potential problems of mentoring schemes and how they can be managed
- Use coaching and counselling skills that help them to set and review the protégés learning.
Anyone who is new to mentoring or wants to improve their existing mentoring skills will benefit from attending this course.
Course Outline (23 topics)
- Establish personal objectives for the course
- The history of the mentoring process
- Personal mentors
- Famous mentoring relationships
- Qualities of a mentor
- The mentoring development scale
- A comparison of coaching and mentoring roles
- The role of a mentor
- Phases in the mentoring life cycle
- The four stages in the mentoring process
- Benefits of mentoring
- The first meeting
- Establishing ground rules
- Learning styles and their application to the mentoring process
- The mentor's toolkit:
- Levels of communication
- Questioning skills
- Listening skills
- Objective setting
- Feedback - giving, receiving, the feedback model
- Structuring a mentoring session
- Practise sessions and feedback
- Completion of a personal action plan.