Project Management Introduction
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The course is designed to provide delegates with an overview of project management principles, either to achieve a general understanding or as a preliminary to further training.
The course covers the full scope of managing projects and is interactive, with ample opportunity for discussion.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe the characteristics of a project and appreciate why projects need to be managed
- Describe the benefits of using a project management methodology
- Demonstrate their understanding of the key elements of project management
- Assess their own projects in respect to what they have learnt
- Recognise the importance of having project documentation
- Determine those people or organisations that will be important to the project and consider how best to communicate with them
- Define the basic steps involved in planning a project
- Identify risks, issues and changes within a project and how best to manage them
- Determine the applicability of project management to their own work
The course is highly suitable for staff requiring a general understanding of how to approach project management.
It has also proved extremely valuable as a first introduction and preliminary training course for staff going on to further project management training courses but who lack relevant experience of project work.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (25 topics)
- What is a Project?
- Project Characteristics
- Project Lifecycle
- Common problems
- Strategies for success
- Controlled Project Start
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Project roles and responsibilities
- Selecting and developing a project team
- Business Case: Costs vs Benefits
- Relevant documentation
- Project Planning
- Planning steps
- Estimating, scheduling and resourcing
- Management of Risk
- Controlled Project Progress
- Controlled delegation
- Management by exception
- Reporting and communication
- Relevant documentation
- Controlled Project Close
- Gaining acceptance
- Follow-on Actions
- Learning Lessons
- Post-Project Review
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.