Business Writing for IT Professionals
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Turning complex IT information into a document which has clarity and a clear purpose can be challenging. This course will help delegates to think, review and reflect on their approach to writing technical documents, be clear about its objective and how they can help the reader extract the most pertinent elements to make any decisions.
One of the good things about any form of writing, delegates can learn to improve.
- Understand the role of a technical communicator
- Understand common mistakes in writing and how you can correct these
- Be able to identify your target audience
- Write in a powerful, persuasive and positive manner using words that add weight and impact thus reducing ambiguity
- Learn and apply key theories to technical writing
- Identify the purpose and key elements of technical documentation
You will benefit from this course if you are working in any aspect of a technical environment where producing technical documentation is part of the job role.
Outline (7 topics)
- How to write what you mean by 'cutting the fluff'
- Active and passive text
- Audience analysis
- User-centred delivery: writing for the reader
- Use of templates
- Layout and design
- Structuring your document
We strongly advise all delegates to bring samples of their writing with them in hard copy format. The added advantage of this is the ability to critique your documents whilst on this course making this event real and impactful for you.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|