Working in Partnership with your Manager
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
Will you benefit from building a strong partnership with your manager?
Do you want to be seen as offering essential skills?
Do you need to be able to communicate at many levels, with tact and diplomacy?
Over the past years, the working relationship between executive secretaries and their managers has changed dramatically. What used to be ‘working for’ concept has changed to ‘working with’ and secretaries are no longer seen as just errand runners or typists.
If you want to be a reliable and essential partner to your boss, demonstrating flexibility and a broad portfolio of skills, then this course is for you. It will develop the skills essential to making the partnership concept into a reality and will be the first step towards achieving the partnership ensuring growth and rewards for you and your manager.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Recognise the changing role of the secretary
- Explain the business partnership concept
- Analyse your manager’s work style
- Review your current responsibilities and consider the responsibilities your manager could empower you to do
- Determine future goals and objectives
- Identify interpersonal skills that promote success using effective non-verbal and verbal communication
- Develop a strategy to persuade and influence your manager
- Apply the seven-step process for problem-solving and decision-making
- Demonstrate assertiveness skills with confidence
- Present yourself professionally, using effective non-verbal and verbal communication
- State why conflict happens and be able to deal with it effectively
- Give and receive constructive criticism
- Describe the importance of recognising and maintaining your professional image
You will benefit from this course if you are an office administrator, secretary or PA who wishes to develop your skills to make a successful partnership with your manager.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (19 topics)
- Establish personal objectives for the course
- Understanding the business partnership concept
- The partnership model
- Initiating the transition
- Analysing your manager's work style
- How do you come across to others?
- Elements of communication and communication models
- Assertiveness skills and setting assertive goals
- Saying 'no' without feeling guilty
- Presenting the partnership idea to your manager
- Clarifying job responsibilities
- The empowerment process and what you could be empowered to do
- Determining future goals and objectives
- A review of your questioning and listening skills
- Persuading and influencing your manager
- Maintaining your professional image
- Giving and receiving criticism
- Managing conflict with your manager.
- Completion of a personal action plan.