Managing Successful Programmes Foundation & Practitioner (inc examination)
This course has been replaced by the MSP Foundation and Practitioner 2011 course.
Introduction and Overview (1 topic)
- Drivers for change, the need to focus on benefits, critical success factors, programme management and the transformational flow.
Programme Management Themes (9 topics)
- Organisation and leadership
- Benefits Realisation Management
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Risk Management and Issue Resolution
- Quality Management
- Business Case Management
- Programme Planning and Control
The transformational Flow (1 topic)
- Describing the programme lifecycle and the typical governance activities, responsibilities and information requirements for each flow lifecycle element from identifying and defining a programme through managing the tranches and the eventual closure of the programme
MSP in practice (1 topic)
- Tailoring MSP for different business environments. Developing strategies that can be applied appropriately at all levels to help ensure the achievement of business and strategic objectives.
Applying MSP (1 topic)
- How MSP principles can be applied to a given programme and how MSP can help maintain the programme's focus and the commitment of its stakeholders
Case Studies (1 topic)
- A realistic case study scenario is used throughout the course to allow delegates to consolidate their knowledge of MSP in a practical setting through syndicate work.
The course is intensive and delegates are advised to undertake some revision work in the evenings to prepare for the MSP Foundation and Practitioner examinations that are taken during the course Prerequisites Delegates need at least a basic awareness of programmes and project work in the delegate' own business environment. The last two days of the practitioner course are designed to give delegates an understanding of the practitioner objective testing method and prepare them for the practitioner examination.