Red Hat Linux System Administration (no exam)
This course has been retired in favour of the Red Hat System Administration 1 course.
Administrative Access (2 topics)
- Configure and access various consoles directly, remotely with ssh, and with virt-manager.
- Configure privilege escalation with sudo.
Package Management (1 topic)
- Manage software on system using yum, Red Hat Network, and rpm.
System Services and Security (2 topics)
- Configure and manage system logging, time synchronization, printers, and task automation.
- Troubleshoot SELinux.
System Initialization (1 topic)
- Define boot process, recover system, and manage service startup.
Kernel Monitoring and Configuration (1 topic)
- Explore kernel modules and variants, tune kernel parameters, manage devices, and monitor processes and resources.
Network Configuration (1 topic)
- Configure dynamic and static network settings for IPv4 and filter packets.
Filesystem Administration (1 topic)
- Review filesystem management concepts, removable media and configure NFS shares with autofs.
Additional Storage (1 topic)
- Expand storage by adding new filesystems and swap space.
User Administration (2 topics)
- Create, modify and delete users, groups, and policy.
- Protect users and groups with quotas.
Filesystems for Group Collaboration (2 topics)
- Establish collaborative group directories.
- Protect users and groups with ACLs.
Centralized User Administration (1 topic)
- Revisit user administration by connecting to network directory services like NIS and LDAP.
Software RAID (1 topic)
- Manage filesystems using Software RAID and recover an array.
Logical Volume Management (2 topics)
- Manage filesystems using Logical Volume Management.
- Resize filesystems and protect them with LVM Snapshots.
Virtualization and Automated Installation (2 topics)
- Perform automated installations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Create para-virtualized user domains in Xen.
Troubleshooting with Rescue Mode (2 topics)
- Explore troubleshooting methodologies.
- Utilize the rescue environment of anaconda.