Red Hat Linux System Administration (no exam)
This course has been retired in favour of the Red Hat System Administration 1 course.
Administrative Access (2 topics)
- Configure and access various consoles directly, remotely with ssh, and with virt-manager.
- Configure privilege escalation with sudo.
Package Management (1 topic)
- Manage software on system using yum, Red Hat Network, and rpm.
System Services and Security (2 topics)
- Configure and manage system logging, time synchronization, printers, and task automation.
- Troubleshoot SELinux.
System Initialization (1 topic)
- Define boot process, recover system, and manage service startup.
Kernel Monitoring and Configuration (1 topic)
- Explore kernel modules and variants, tune kernel parameters, manage devices, and monitor processes and resources.
Network Configuration (1 topic)
- Configure dynamic and static network settings for IPv4 and filter packets.
Filesystem Administration (1 topic)
- Review filesystem management concepts, removable media and configure NFS shares with autofs.
Additional Storage (1 topic)
- Expand storage by adding new filesystems and swap space.
User Administration (2 topics)
- Create, modify and delete users, groups, and policy.
- Protect users and groups with quotas.
Filesystems for Group Collaboration (2 topics)
- Establish collaborative group directories.
- Protect users and groups with ACLs.
Centralized User Administration (1 topic)
- Revisit user administration by connecting to network directory services like NIS and LDAP.
Software RAID (1 topic)
- Manage filesystems using Software RAID and recover an array.
Logical Volume Management (2 topics)
- Manage filesystems using Logical Volume Management.
- Resize filesystems and protect them with LVM Snapshots.
Virtualization and Automated Installation (2 topics)
- Perform automated installations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Create para-virtualized user domains in Xen.
Troubleshooting with Rescue Mode (2 topics)
- Explore troubleshooting methodologies.
- Utilize the rescue environment of anaconda.
RH033 Red Hat Linux Essentials or equivlent experience with Red Hat Linux. To assist you in determining whether you have equivalent experience, please take the RH133 Pre-assessment Questionnaire.