Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The Oracle SQL Advanced course is designed to give delegates practical experience in using some of the more advanced features of Oracle SQL. Additional datatypes and the use of advanced SQL functions and expressions are covered together with enhanced table handling features.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Retrieving Data Using Correlated Subqueries, In-Line Views and Multi-Column Subqueries
- Using the WITH Clause
- Inserting and Updating Rows Using Complex Subqueries
- Creating Hierarchical Queries
- Creating Analytic Queries
- Using ROLLUP, CUBE and GROUPING SETS Group By Enhancements
- Implementing the GROUPING and GROUPING_ID Functions
- Managing Large Data Sets
- Inserting Data Conditionally and Unconditionally
- Merging Rows in a Table
- Creating TIMESTAMP and INTERVAL Datatypes
- Using TIMESTAMP, TIMEZONE and INTERVAL Functions and Literals
- Using Regular Expressions and Implementing Related Functions
- Managing Objects with the Data Dictionary
- Managing Schema Objects
- Performing Flashback Operations
- Creating and Using External Tables
- Controlling User Access to Database Objects
Anyone who needs to use the more advanced features of SQL to improve their productivity in querying and updating an Oracle database.
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course topics: (13 topics)
- Oracle9i Datatypes and Functions
- Advanced Single Row Functions
- Advanced Group Functions
- Ansi Standard Table Joins
- Inline Views
- Top-'N' Analysis
- Inserting Rows into Multiple Tables
- Merging Data into Tables
- External Tables
- CASE Expressions
- Table Locking
- Creation of User, Profiles and Roles
Delegates should have attended the Oracle SQL course or have a similar level of experience.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
The SQL training course is designed for anyone who needs to access and work with an Oracle Database
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.