Developing IBM Lotus Domino 8 Applications: Intermediate Skills
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course builds on the skills of Lotus Education's Fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino Application Development (D8510) course. This is an instructor lecture with student-centered activities used to teach students to use IBM Lotus Domino Designer 8 to develop multi-database applications. This course explores advanced formula techniques and methods to develop interactions within applications.
The target audience for this course is application developers who have experience creating or modifying single database applications with Lotus Domino Designer 6, 7, or 8.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Use formula language to inspect and manipulate text values and lists, and use iterative statement functions.
- Implement functions that interact with users through different types of dialog boxes using the Prompt and DialogBox functions.
- Implement advanced view design features to enhance how Lotus Notes displays documents.
- Examine and use several IBM Lotus Domino design elements as navigation structures, including links and imagemaps.
- Create and embed an outline.
- Work with framesets and frames.
- Access data in Lotus Domino databases by using formula language and profile documents.
- Use the formula language to access data sources using the Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) interface.
- Examine Domino Enterprise Connection Services (DECS) and implement real-time data mapping between an IBM Lotus Domino application and a relational database.
- Implement workflow in Lotus Domino applications.
- Secure Lotus Domino application data by controlling access and encrypting data.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 8 Application Development
This 4-day training course on the fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 8 Application Development delivers skills to create and modify database applications in the Domino 8 Designer enviroment.
Fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 7 Application Development
Create & modify database applications in IBM Lotus Domino Designer 7 with the Fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 7 Application Development training course