M55153: Microsoft SQL AlwaysOn and High Availability
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This two-day instructor-led course is designed for database administrators to familiarize them with the concepts in SQL AlwaysOn and High Availability. The course utilizes SQL 2014, but explains the differences from SQL 2012.
- Understand and utilize AlwaysOn and high availability concepts and terminology.
- Understand edition changes from SQL 2012.
- Understand failover clusters.
- Understand log shipping.
- Understand replication.
- Understand database mirroring.
- Understand database snapshots.
- Understand SQL failover cluster implementation.
- Understand multi-site clustering.
- Understand flexible failover policy.
- Understand and utilize AlwaysOn.
- Understand node majority.
- Understand node and disk majority.
- Understand node and file share majority.
- Understand no majority.
- Understand configuration options.
- Understand and utilize quorums.
- Understand application failover.
This course is intended for SQL DBAs and IT Professionals.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
AlwaysOn and High Availability Concepts and Terminology (8 topics)
- Concepts and Terminology
- Edition Changes from SQL 2012
- Failover Clusters
- Log Shipping
- Database Mirroring
- Database Snapshots
- Lab: AlwaysOn and High Availability Concepts and Terminology
AlwaysOn (3 topics)
- SQL Failover Cluster Implementation
- Multi-Site Clustering
- Flexible Failover PolicyLab : AlwaysOn
Understanding Quorums (6 topics)
- Node Majority
- Node and Disk Majority
- Node and File Share Majority
- No Majority
- Lab: Understanding Quorums
AlwaysOn Availability Groups (4 topics)
- Application Failover
- Availability Group (AG)
- Availability Replica
- Lab: AlwaysOn Availability Groups
Secondary Availability Group Actions (4 topics)
- Active Secondary Replicas
- Readable Secondary Replicas
- Backups on Secondary Replicas
- Lab: Secondary Availability Group Actions
Monitoring (4 topics)
- Monitoring AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Lab: Monitoring